As I write this post I can vividly remember certain photography promises I made to myself last year?
At this time last here, here was what was in my bag
Sonya200, 50mm SAM lens,
Konica Minolta Film Flash
And that’s all.
Fast forward to this year
Sony a58, 50mm
Godox Trigger and Receiver
2 digital speedlites
Hey, nothing seems special right? No something does, I made New Year resolutions concerning photography and I think I’ve been able to stick with them. Most importantly, changing my camera.
What Resolutions Can I Make for 2017?
The main reason why most people don’t make resolutions is because they find it hard to keep, so here’s what’s going to top the list of my suggestions of New Year resolutions you can make.
1. Stick to promises you make to yourself and others
2. Get a new camera
3. Try a new type of photography (wildlife, underwater, aerial, architecture etc)
4. Embark on a photography project
5. Teach some photography to teenagers
6. Try another camera maker
7. Use an analogue camera for a shoot
8. Venture into photography blogging
9. Give free shoots to the less privilege
10. Join a photography club (I currently have LearnShutter)
11. Photograph yourself for 365 days
12. Join an international photography community
13. Learn Retouching
14. Try light painting
15. Run a photography promo (don’t overdo though)
16. Open a physical Space
17. Work on your social media presence
18. Try Black And White Photography
19. Stick to business rules you set
20. Add Yours
So friends, there you go, I’ve listed 19+1 resolutions you can make for year 2017, what can you add to it??? Let’s talk, use the comments section below.